As per Government Of India Notification bearing number 326 dated 28.4.2017 following benefits are added for employees of LIC of India.
1, Maximum accumulation of P.L. to credit of leave account is increased to 270 days (in place of 240 days earlier)
2. Introduction of new leave named as paternity leave to male employees in service.
Following are some of the conditions..
(1) The competent authority may grant to a male employee having less than two
surviving children, paternity leave for a period of 15 days during the confinement of his wife.
(2) The Paternity Leave may be combined with leave of any other kind except Casual Leave.
(3) The Paternity Leave shall not be debited against the leave account.
(4) The Paternity Leave shall be utilised by the employee within a period of six months from the date of delivery of the Child and may be applied within a period of 15 days before the expiry of the said period of six months.
(5) An application for Paternity Leave which does not satisfy the requirements of sub-rule (4) shall be refused
without assigning any reason.”.
6. In rule 69 of the said rules, in sub-rule (5), for the words “and Quarantine Leave” the words “Quarantine Leave and
Paternity Leave” at both the places shall be substituted.