FEDERATION OF LIC CLASS-I OFFICERS’ ASSOCIATIONS
President: Baburao Humraskar Chairman: Oscar Fernandes Gen. Secretary: S. Rajkumar
Date: 15th March 2017
There appears to be a lot of confusion on TMP at the operational level. The following clarification is issued so that our leaders at Zonal/ Divisional levels can negotiate in a better way.
1. First we have to understand that there are two different documents. One is the policy approved by board which is placed in the website, which is the base document.
Even some SDMs refer it as a draft. But it is not so. It is the policy approved by the
board and is the basic document.
2. Second one is the administrative instructions issued by the Personnel Department (Circular No. ZD/329 dated 22.10.2016) for the convenience of implementation. It is the interpretation of the policy.
3. In the circular it is clearly mentioned that CO only can interpret the policy (point no. 11) Neither ZO nor DO can interpret the circular/policy and for any clarification they should refer to CO.
4. No shuffling is required even after6/ 8/10 years if there is no incoming request. As per the approved policy the Officer can be transferred even after 3 years if there is incoming request (25 c) without resorting to 6/8/10 years. However this part is avoided in the administrative instructions which means, CO do not want to enforce this due to practical limitations. We have also specifically demanded that no shuffling should be done before completing 2 NPP. So please ensure that no shuffling is
done before 6 years, even if incoming request is there and whenever shuffling is done, it should be done only to the extend of accommodate the incoming request and strictly on seniority basis. However this may cause inconvenience to those who has gone on promotion and situation may arise in some places where officers may not be able to return even after 3 years. So a balanced and practical view has to be taken, considering the request from both sides.
5. If a person is posted at a place, other than that of his/her choice (out of 3) it will be treated as Administrative transfer, which means they will be eligible for all benefits including transfer grant. Moreover, their seniority will count from the date of earlier transfer and not from the present one. Accordingly they will get preference to their choice place in the next round itself, even after one year. This aspect is not known to even many managers and so has to be properly emphasized.
6. Request transfer can be considered even after 1 year if vacancies are available to the requested place, as per the administrative instructions. But uniformity has to be maintained in this to avoid Nepotism and hence a common strategy should be
adopted in the Division/Zone in consultation with P&IR and Federation. It can be 2 years for Officers on Administrative side and 3 years for Marketing (if specific situation are not there). Wherever transfers are given after 1 year, the same practice can be continued. TMP is not a tool to deny benefits ,but to bring uniformity and also to help people. So interpretation should be done in favor of the employee.
7. Transfer on health ground will be considered only for self, spouse and children. The disease mentioned in the high cost treatment portfolio is already allowed. However we have to pursue for other related serious illnesses, depending on the seriousness of the situation. There is no point in asking transfer for being diabetic, hypertensive and for back pain as you may not find much officer without any of these as the average age is around 50.
8. Officers aged 58 and above shall be retained even on promotion if vacancy is available. That does not mean that they should not be given transfer to their place of choice, if they are otherwise eligible.. As a principle, they should be allowed to retire from their place of choice if vacancies are available.
9. Please remember that no discretionary power is given to SDM. Even ZM have discretionary power only for transfers within the Zone up to BM/AO cadre, and all other discretionary powers are vested with CO (EDP, MD and Chairman). So any attempt to misinterpret the policy at these levels should be opposed.
10.There is a grievance redressal mechanism. For ADM and SBM it is MD, and Chairman for DM and above. For other cadres ZM is for only postings made within Divisions and for all others it is EDP. Grievance has to be filed within 7 days. So if there is a violation of the policy appeal should be given to the designated official.
11.The identification of vacancies, preparation of seniority list extra are going on in CO. Once this is ready it will be available in the respective P& IR sites. However this may take some more time. If it is not possible to implement in this year we have to be more vigilant. We are demanding that all officers should be given request transfer after 2 years, if vacancies are available to the requested place. All zonal and divisional units should maintain the same stand.
We have tried to address the basic concerns and doubts expressed by our members.
The corporate office has made it clear that TMP is not a tool to harass any one and the intention is to help officers. Unfortunately this aspect is ignored by some at the operational level. This caused difficulty in a few divisions last year. The DO/ZO have to follow the administrative instructions only and if any doubt arises, has to refer to CO,
rather than interpreting it according to the whims and fancies of the in charges. The role of Divisional and Zonal units are very important in ensuring fair deal to our officers.
So interact with your zonal and divisional management from now on words and extract
the best out of them.